The Social Stuff

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Add me on snapchat

Tuesday 25 October 2016

Shepherd's Jacket Potatoes

OK you need to make these TODAY!

Shepherd's Potatoes!

I wish I'd taken a pic of the inside! But anyway, I got the idea from the Bosh! Facebook page, which is a must-follow, if you're not already! I didn't follow their recipe because I wanted to keep the filling free and I also didn't have any mushrooms, but what I did was:

Bake a jacket potato at 200°C for an hour.

Cut a hole in the top and scoop out the innards. Mash that with salt, pepper and a splash of soymilk.

For the filling I cooked an onion in frylight and then added a chopped carrot, half a chopped courgette a couple of handfuls of soya mince (make sure you get a free one) and then added some veggie stock and tomato puree, a bay leaf, some dried sage, a bit of garlic powder and a squeeze of marmite and let it simmer away for 20 minutes or so.

Then fill the jacket about 2/3 of the way up with the soya mince mixture and then top with the mashed potato.

I added some Sainsbury's vegan cheese* on top and then popped it under the grill for 5 mins or so until the Gary was bubbly and starting to brown.

These were delicious. I added extra speed veg on the side. I am about to devour the leftovers for lunch but I could easily have eaten both.

Sal xXx

Original inspiration from Bosh! on Facebook - HERE.

*I made 2 potatoes and shared 30g of Gary between them; it was kind of a lot and I could have used less but I shoved it all on there! haha. I counted these as 2 syns each.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely trying this next week - I've been seeing it all over Facebook! Yours looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dinner tomorrow night sorted! Looks scrummy!

    ReplyDelete